One of the greatest perks of successfully completing Beauty School are the many Pro Discounts that you are finally eligible for receiving.
To my disappointment, not all were available to Canadian residents. But having a U.S. shipping address helps greatly.
So for those of you looking to apply for Pro discounts, I have conveniently compiled a list of companies that DO offer memberships to Canadians (you’re welcome). I also included the U.S. ones for those of you reading this in America and for those of you with dual-citizenship.
– While this is one of the few you actually have to pay for, it’s still worth it. It’s $45 CAD ($35 USD) per year and it gets you 40% off. There is also a student discount available for $15 per year and it gets you 20% off.
How to Apply: visit https://www.maccosmetics.com/macpro/cms/membership/howtoapply.tmpl
Anastasia Beverly Hills – ABH Pro
– Unfortunately this discount is only available to U.S. residents, and while there is no membership fee it entitles you to 35% off.
How to Apply: visit http://anastasiabeverlyhills.com/abh-pro-form
– Another generous 40% off available to professionals. The approval process takes 2 weeks but it’s totally worth it!
How to Apply: visit https://www.smashbox.com/smashbox-pro
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC)
– A very easy application process (literally an email away) and your on your way to 40% off at occmakeup.com
How to Apply: visit http://occmakeup.com/pages/occ-pro follow instructions on what credentials to email in at firstname.lastname@example.org
– One of the few companies out there that offers an incredible sample program which allows you to try a product sample for $1.00 before committing to the entire bottle.
How to Apply: visit https://www.faceatelier.com/proartists/ and fill out the online form.
– At 30% off Cozzette brushes just became that much more affordable. As someone who uses them everyday, they really are great quality and I have yet to see them shed. Application process is really easy, I was approved in 1 day.
How to Apply: visit http://www.roquecozzette.com/professional-discount-request/ create an account and then register for the Pro discount.
– Available to students and recent grads (25% off) or professional artists (30-40% off); depending on credentials you have available.
How to Apply: Fill out this form http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaoy_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-US-Site/Sites-US-Library/default/v1422052102877/Nars_Pro.pdf mail it to the address indicated on the bottom of the form with your credentials.
While the discount is available to online orders, it is also beneficial because there is a NARS boutique in the Forum Shoppes in Vegas.
– Makers of the world’s best brush cleaner (no I’m not exaggerating) their discount is available to students and professionals. Cinema Secrets offers a 30% discount on their own line of products and 15% off on all non-Cinema Secret products.
How to Apply: visit http://www.cinemasecrets.com/-inspiration/cinema-secrets-pro.html
– Probably the industry’s most generous discount is at Frends Beauty. If you’ve been to IMATS then you know they carry everything from makeup to special fx products to bags and everything in between.
They recently began carrying Makeup Forever as well, discounts are available online at frendsbeauty.com or in store. Oh, and did I mention they ship to Canada?
How to Apply: visit http://www.frendsbeauty.com/frends-with-benefits
Approval takes 2 days, the program is open to students and all professionals and is absolutely free.
– Available to professionals only, this prestigious makeup brand offers 40% off for online orders.
How to Apply: visit http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/cms/pro/bobbipro_apply.tmpl#/i.7acsfysee09s3a
– A great brand offering 40% for professionals. Only caveat…they don’t accept Paypal or Canadian credit cards. I still got approved for the program, but unfortunately struggle with trying to pay for my orders.
But if you’re a cross border shopper with a U.S. bank account then sign up! Every-so-often they have a sale where they offer 60% off EVERYTHING.
How to Apply: visit http://www.stilacosmetics.com/text/content/proartist/files/PROART_INDUSTRY.pdf
– A great Pro membership at 40% off, I really wish was open to Canadian residents, available to students and professionals.
How to Apply: visit http://www.urbandecay.com/udpro
– A 40% discount available to not only professionals but also models. Free to join, all you have to do is send them your resume!
How to Apply: visit https://tartecosmetics.com/login create an account an apply.
– a 20% discount awaits all Makeup Artists at Inglot. You can shop online, or in-store at their boutique located inside the Forum Shoppes in Vegas.
– An annual $40 fee entitles professionals to 40% all Motives cosmetics. You also get your own mini website and have the ability to SELL Motives Cosmetics and earn a small income from it.
How to Apply: Fill out the following form http://images.marketamerica.com/site/cs/images/join/MotivesProApplication-Jul-2014.pdf and mail it along with your credentials to the address listed on the form.
Camera Ready Cosmetics
– The Pro Gold Status gets you 20%-40% off retail. Note that not all items qualify for a Pro discount.
How to Apply: Email email@example.com with your Beauty School Diploma/Certificate of Completion, Driver’s License and link to your website (social media sites not accepted).
– $200 annual fee gets you 15% off sitewide with free shipping, as well as an online portfolio at Alcone Agency.
How to Apply: Sign up at AlconeAgency.com
– Available to Canadians! Naimies is similar to Frends Beauty, they carry an array of brands and products catered to professionals and offer discounts up to 40% off.
How to Apply: fill out this form http://www.naimies.com/studio-pro-invitation.php and follow the instructions in the email they send you. Approval takes 3 days.
Royal & Langnickel
– Professionals, bloggers and students all get 40% off with the Royalty Red Program. Its free to apply and easy!
How to Apply: visit http://beautyusa.royalbrush.com/pages/royalty-red
– At $20/year this membership gets professionals 20% off. Students pay $10 for 6 months and get 20% off. Fortunately Morphe doesn’t just carry brushes but they carry makeup too!
How to Apply: visit http://morphebrushes.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=46
You may find that many of these companies only offer discounts to U.S. residents, I have a U.S. shipping address so whenever I apply I always note that on the application. That may be what has helped me get approved for most of these discounts.
If you’re like me and you have a U.S. address, I recommend you use it when applying for Pro discounts as it allows to shop at those places when you are travelling to say L.A., New York or Vegas.
If you have any questions about these Pro Memberships please comment below as I have almost all of them. I will continue to update this as I find more.